Being a kid is about the freedom to imagine being and doing anything. Absolutely anything.
- A kid can spend the morning as a spy on a secret mission to save the world.
- In the afternoon that same child can get ooey-gooey sticky making the perfect mud pie.
- At the end of the day, it’s time to be an elephant with a curvy trunk blowing giant bubbles in the bathtub.
This boundless sense of play and imagination is why I write fiction picture books! My stories are filled with quirky characters who are always ready for adventure – and mud pie making.
Val’s guiding purpose is to create picture books that:
- Are fun to hear and read
- Create a sense of play and imagination
- Foster a child’s individualism and self-expression